Thursday, November 15, 2007

Doggie Days

It goes pretty much without saying, but I'm going to say it...I love my dog! Raif is 85lbs of unconditional love!!! He waits impatiently until I come home and can barely hold himself back when I make offers of affection. He groans in appreciaton when I rub his back and returns the favor with loving nuzzles. He conveniently forgets when I've been a bitch and wags his tail so hard his hind end lifts off the floor whenever I enter the room.

These days, my boy has his troubles. Fast approaching twelve years old, he whines quite a bit and has great difficulty getting up in the morning. I fear one day I'll wake up and he will have gone off to the big bone bank in the sky. But until that day comes, I will relish every minute of his fuzzy love.


No comments: